This stunning new 4K restoration of 1955 Ealing comedy THE LADYKILLERS and the first from the original 3 strip technicolour negative, showcases Alexander Mackendrick's vision is its full glory. Considered by many as the finest British comedy ever made, THE LADYKILLERS follows the hilarious capers of a group of small-time crooks, taking on more than they can handle in the form of their sweet elderly landlord, Mrs. Wilberforce (BAFTA Award winning actress Katie Johnson; How To Murder A Rich Uncle). The criminal gang, posing as a string quartet, are unprepared for their landlord’s meddling when one of the ‘musicians’ cases gets caught in a door, revealing the group’s true identity.
Featuring an impressive all-star lineup, with the finest comedy actors of the day; Alec Guinness (Kind Hearts and Coronets, Lavender Hill Mob) plays the gang’s mastermind ‘Professor Marcus’, Cecil Parker (A French Mistress) is Claude otherwise known as ‘Major Courtney’, Peter Sellers (I’m Alright Jack) is Harry aka ‘Mr. Robinson’, Herbert Lom (The Pink Panther) is Louis aka ‘Mr. Harvey’ and Danny Green (A Kid For Two Farthings) plays One Round also known as ‘Mr. Lawson’.
A stunning new 4K restoration of Ealing Studios finest comedy.
This Limited Collector's Edition includes - DVD, 2 Blu-ray, UHD, a CD of the Glorious Ealing Films soundtrack, 6 pop-art artcards of the gang and Mrs Wilberforce and a 64 page booklet with new essays.
- Lobby cards Gallery
- Behind the Scenes Stills Gallery
- NEW Investigating the Ladykillers featurette
- NEW Colour in The Ladykillers: an interview with Professor Keith Johnston
- Lobby Cards gallery
- Behind the scenes stills gallery
- Peter Sellers spoof trailer from the set of The Ladykillers
- Audio commentary with author and film scholar Philip Kemp
- King's Cross Locations featurette with Alan Dein
- Audio Interview with Assistant Director Tom Pevsner
- Audio Interview with Unit Production Manager David Peers
- Region Code:
- Region A,B,C
- 91 minutes
- Language(s): English, Hard of Hearing Subtitles: English, Interactive Menu, Screen ratio 1:1.37, Booklet, Bonus Footage, Commentary: Philip Kemp (film scholar), Documentaries: 'Investigating 'The Ladykillers'', 'Colour in 'The Ladykillers'', King's Cross Locations featurette, Image Gallery, Interviews: Tom Pevsner (assistant director), David Peers (unit production manager), Six art cards, Trailers