Croupier Limited Edition
In 1998, Mike Hodges, director of the iconic Get Carter, returned to the genre that made his name with Croupier, an unforgettable thriller that put leading man Clive Owen firmly on the map and established itself as a classic of British crime cinema.
Jack Manfred (Clive Owen) is an aspiring writer going nowhere fast. Taking a job as a casino croupier just to make ends meet, he finds himself seduced by the high stakes world of luck and chance. As the job takes over his life and his relationship to girlfriend Marion (Gina McKee) begins to crumble, Jack's attention is caught by down-on-her-luck gambler Jani (Alex Kingston). Under pressure from her creditors, she asks Jack to be the inside man for a planned heist at the casino. It all sounds so easy. But even a pro can't predict the cards he will be dealt.
With a screenplay by Paul Mayersberg (The Man Who Fell to Earth, Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence) Hodges first theatrical feature in almost a decade proved that he’d lost none of his edge. Cooly confident, mercilessly gripping and tautly directed, Croupier arrives on Arrow Video looking better than ever, newly restored from the original 35mm camera negative with a wealth of special features.
2-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- Brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative by Arrow Films, approved by director Mike Hodges
- Bonus disc containing brand new feature-length documentary Mike Hodges: A Film-Maker’s Life
- Fully illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by film critics Barry Forshaw and Philip Kemp, plus select archival material
- Fold-out double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sam Hadley
- Limited edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sam Hadley
DISC 1 - CROUPIER (4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY)
- 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-rayTM presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
- Original uncompressed stereo and DTS-HD MA 5.1 audio options
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Optional audio description for the visually impaired
- Brand new audio commentary by film critic Josh Nelson
- Archive audio commentary by director Mike Hodges
- A Streak of Fortune, a new interview with screenwriter Paul Mayersberg about the writing and making of Croupier
- Film, Scones and Fury, a new interview with actress Kate Hardie in which she looks back on the making of Croupier and her friendship with Mike Hodges
- Mike Hodges at the BFI, an archival audio interview with director Mike Hodges from the time of Croupier’s release
- Theatrical Trailer
- Image Gallery
DISC 2 - MIKE HODGES: A FILM-MAKER’S LIFE (LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE BLU-RAY)
- In this all new documentary from Arrow Films, film critic David Cairns sits down with Croupier, Get Carter and Flash Gordon director Mike Hodges to take a closer look at the entirety of his career; featuring candid insights into the making of each film and his experience of the industry at large, it is a remarkable portrait of one of Britain's finest filmmakers