Stanley Kubrick’s dazzling, Academy Award®-winning* achievement is a compelling drama of man vs. machine, a stunning meld of music and motion. Kubrick (who co-wrote the screenplay with Arthur C. Clarke) first visits our prehistoric ape-ancestry past, then leaps millennia (via one of the most mind-blowing jump cuts ever) into colonised space, and ultimately whisks astronaut Bowman (Keir Dullea) into uncharted space, perhaps even into immortality. “Open the pod bay doors, HAL.” Let an awesome journey unlike any other begin.
The Film Vault is a new, premium home entertainment range celebrating cinema’s greatest films. The collection features exclusive artwork from Vice Press plus unique premiums, housed in innovative numbered packaging.
LIMITED EDITION of 6,000 Worldwide
Featured In Pack
On Disc Special Features
- NEW KEY ART by Matt Ferguson & Florey from Vice Press
- ACETATE O-RING – Removes for type-free display of your key art
- Exclusive individually-numbered CRYSTAL DISPLAY PLAQUE
- Rigid clamshell box with MAGNETIC CLOSURE
- 7 replica LOBBY CARDS – with added film quotes
- Double-sided reproductions of original THEATRICAL POSTERS
- Poster of the NEW KEY ART
- Feature film on 4K-UHD and Special Features on BLU-RAY
- Commentary by Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood
- Channel Four Documentary 2001: The Making of a Myth
- 4 Insightful Featurettes: Standing on the Shoulders of Kubrick: The Legacy of 2001, Vision of a Future Passed: The Prophecy of 2001, 2001: A Space Odyssey - A Look Behind the Future and What Is Out There?
- 2001: FX and Early Conceptual Artwork
- Look: Stanley Kubrick!
- Audio-Only Bonus: 1966 Kubrick Interview Conducted by Jeremy Bernstein
- Theatrical Trailer