NO EVIL DEED GOES UNDONE.
Like many of his contemporaries, Godfather of Gore Lucio Fulci (City of the Living Dead, Don’t Torture a Duckling) found his career on a downturn at the end of the 1980s as the bottom fell out of the Italian horror movie market. While much of his latter-day output went straight to video, these low-budget productions nonetheless offer up some diamonds in the rough, among them his 1990 tale of rampaging Satanic Sisters – Demonia, regarded by many as his last great film.
A Canadian archaeological team, led by Professor Evans (Brett Halsey, The Devil’s Honey), descends on the ruins of a medieval Sicilian monastery to undertake an excavation. But when Evans’ protégé, Liza (Meg Register, Ministry of Vengeance), goes searching for an explanation to the disturbing visions she’s been experiencing, she awakens the spirit of three Satan-worshiping nuns put to death centuries earlier by a violent mob, unleashing an orgy of vengeful violence on the unsuspecting explorers.
Originally destined for a theatrical release, Demonia is a return to the atmosphere and gory excesses of Fulci’s late 70s/early 80s output – a no-holds-barred Satanic shocker co-starring Lino Salemme (Demons) and Al Cliver (Zombie Flesh Eaters) and co-written by Piero Regnoli (Burial Ground) – presented here in a pristine restoration and accompanied, in this exclusive limited edition, by the feature-length documentary Fulci Talks, assembled from an in-depth archival interview with the man himself!
2-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
DISC 1: DEMONIA
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Deluxe crucifix-style packaging featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
- Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by author and critic Kat Ellinger
DISC 2: FULCI TALKS
- 4K restoration from the original 35mm camera negative
- Restored original lossless mono English and Italian soundtracks
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
- English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
- Audio commentary by Stephen Thrower, author of Beyond Terror: The Films of Lucio Fulci
- Holy Demons, a video interview with uncredited co-writer/assistant director Antonio Tentori
- Of Skulls and Bones, a video interview with camera operator Sandro Grossi
- Fulci Lives!!!, camcorder footage of a visit to the Demonia set, including an interview with Lucio Fulci
- Original trailer
- Fulci Talks, a feature-length 2021 documentary by filmmaker Antonietta De Lillo, based on an in-depth, career spanning video interview with Lucio Fulci from 1993, conducted by De Lillo and critic Marcello Garofalo
- Original lossless mono Italian soundtrack
- Optional English subtitles