EO, a grey donkey with melancholic eyes and a curious spirit, begins his life as a circus performer before escaping on a trek across the Polish and Italian countryside. During his travels, he encounters an eclectic cast of characters, including a countess, a young Italian priest and a riotous Polish football team. EO’s journey speaks to the world around us, an equine hero boldly pointing out societal ills and serving as warning to the dangers of neglect and inaction, all while on a quest for freedom.
Directed by the veteran Polish director (Deep End, The Shout), EO won the Jury Prize at the 2022 Cannes Film Festival, before being nominated for Best International Feature at the 2023 Academy Awards®.
- Jerzy Skolimowski & Ewa Piaskowska on the making of EO(2022, 27 mins): director Jerzy Skolimowski and co-writer Ewa Piaskowska discuss the making of EO at the New York Film Festival.
- Skolimowski A to Ż (2023, 53 mins, audio only): an alphabetical journey through the work of Jerzy Skolimowski with writer Michael Brooke
- High Rise Donkey (1980, 56 mins): in this Children’s Film Foundation adventure, three children who live in a high-rise tower block try to save a donkey from two small-time crooks
- The Clown and His Donkey (1910, 4 mins): this rare silhouette animation by Charles Armstrongdepicts a clown doing tricks with his donkey
- UK trailer and assorted teasers
- **FIRST PRESSING ONLY** Fully illustrated booklet with a new essay byEwa Mazierska, an interview with Jerzy Skolimowski by David Thompson and Christina Newland’s original review for Sight & Sound. Also includes writing on High Rise Donkey by Children’s Film Foundation expert Vic Pratt and full film credits