An evil and enigmatic entity throws a family into turmoil in Lindsey C. Vickers much sought-after cult horror.
Unable to attend his daughter’s violin recital, suburban father Ian – played by Edward Woodward (The Wicker Man) – is haunted by a series of prophetic nightmares that seem to foresee a looming tragedy. Are dark forces gathering to be unleashed upon him?
An unsettling journey into the world of the supernatural guaranteed to give you sleepless nights, The Appointment is this latest addition to the popular BFI Flipside collection. It is with the director’s blessing (and extensive involvement) that the BFI have decided to make this much requested title available, using the best materials as yet discovered.
- Standard Definition (presented on Blu-ray)
- Newly recorded audio commentary on The Appointment by director Lindsey C. Vickers
- Introduction to the film by the director
- Interview with Lindsey C. Vickers (2021)
- Interview with Jane Merrow (2022): the actress recalls her experience of making The Appointment
- The Lake (Lindsey C. Vickers, 1978, 33 mins): a romantic picnic for young lovers Tony and Barbara is threatened by echoes of the horrific violence that happened nearby in this hauntingly effective ghost story
- Newly recorded audio commentary on The Lake by Lindsey C. Vickers
- Extensive galleries featuring rare stills and production materials kindly donated by the director
- Newly commissioned sleeve art by Matt Needle