Patrick Troughton stars in this recreation of a lost classic from 1967.
The Doctor and his friends find themselves in the lost city of Atlantis, where the crazed Professor Zaroff has convinced the people of Atlantis that he can raise their sunken city from beneath the sea. However, the Doctor discovers a terrible secret behind Zaroff's plan - a secret that could destroy all life on Earth. As the countdown commences to the end of the world, can the Doctor defeat the underwater menace?
The original 1967 master recordings of all bar episodes two and three of 'The Underwater Menace' were lost soon after the programme's original transmission. However, audio-only recordings of the missing two episodes have survived and have been used here to create a brand new fully animated presentation of this lost classic.
SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE: Animation and photo gallery, audio commentaries, BBC News extracts and a previously unreleased 1964 drama starring Patrick Troughton and Joseph Fürst.
- Written by Geoffrey Orme
- Directed by AnneMarie Walsh (2023 Production)
- Directed by Julia Smith (1967 Production)
- Produced by Paul Hembury (2023 Production)
- Produced by Innes Lloyd (1967 Production)
Starring: Patrick Troughton (as the Doctor), Anneke Wills (as Polly), Michael Craze (as Ben), Frazer Hines (as Jamie), Joseph Fürst (as Zarroff), Colin Jeavons (as Damon), Noel Johnson (as Thous), Tom Watson (as Ramo), Peter Stephens (as Lolem), Catherine Howe (as Ara), P.G. Stephens (as Sean), Paul Anil (as Jacko) and Roma Woodnutt (as Nola).
- ASPECT RATIO: 1080/16:9
- MAIN SOUNDTRACK: English, DTS HD MA Dual Mono
- FEATURE LENGTH: 99 mins approx
- DISC FORMAT: BD50 x 2
- SUBTITLES: English for the Hard of Hearing
- AUDIO NAVIGATION: Available on this release for the partially sighted and visually impaired