VM95 series Conical stereo cartridge
The AT-VM95C, the new Audio-Technica entry model Conical cartridge will replace the legendary AT90 Series models such as AT91, AT91R and CN5625AL
Also the AT-VM95C is a “budget” cartridge featuring a conical stylus, the compatibility in the range will allow to upgrade with any of the 4 other LP styli of the Series such as Elliptical, Elliptical Nude, Microlinear and Shibata.
VM95 Series - Styli compatibility
- Aluminium cantilever
- 4.0mV output voltage
- Compatible body with all VM95 Series stylus assemblies
- Replacement for AT91, AT91R and CN5625AL
Every cartridge diamond stylus becomes worn after a period of play.
Around 500 hours for a conical stylus, 300 hours for an Elliptical stylus, 1000 hours for a Microlinear stylus, and 800 hours for a Shibata stylus.
Our VM95 Series dual moving magnet cartridges can be used almost forever by replacing the interchangeable stylus. It is no longer necessary to purchase a complete cartridge when your diamond is worn out, you can simply buy the matching replacement stylus, but also enjoy the experience of upgrading your cartridge with a different stylus.
The six models of VM95 Series cartridges all use the same electromagnetic engine-body, therefore each of the six replacement styli are perfectly compatible.
AT-VM9E Series compatibility with the AT-XP Series DJ Cartridges
- The electromagnetic engine-body of XP-Series, is fully compatible with all replacement styli of VM95 Series and will deliver more output voltage than VM95 Series cartridge. So providing improved compatibility with phono inputs of Professional DJ Mixers.
- VM95 Series electromagnetic engine-body is also compatible with the three replacement styli of the DJ cartridge AT-XP Series, nevertheless, the electromagnetic engine-body of XP-Series, will deliver more output voltage than VM95 Series cartridge in order to provide better compatibility with phono inputs of Professional DJ Mixers.
- Note that typical tracking force when using XP Series styli is three grams as opposed to two grams for VM95 Series styli.
- The suspension design and compliance of XP-Series styli have been optimized for intensive DJ’ing, including possible manual cueing and back-cueing.
- The VM95 Series suspension design and compliances of VM95 Series have been designed for optimum audiophile reproduction.
Conical Bonded Stylus
The benefit of conical styli, even if the cartridge is "lean
Cartridge & Stylus
- Frequency Response 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Channel Separation 18 dB (1 kHz)
- Vertical Tracking Angle 23°
- Vertical Tracking Force 1.8 to 2.2g (2.0g standard)
- Stylus Construction Bonded Round Shank
- Recommended Load Impedance 47,000 Ω
- Coil Impedance 3.3 kΩ (1 kHz)
- DC Resistance 485 Ω
- Coil Inductance 550 mH (1 kHz)
- Output Voltage 4.0 mV (@ 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec)
- Output Channel Balance 2.5 dB (1 kHz)
- Stylus Shape Conical
- Cantilever Aluminium Pipe
- Static Compliance 17 x 10 – 6 cm / dyne
- Dynamic Compliance 6.5 x 10 – 6 cm / dyne (100 Hz)
- Mounting 1/2” centres
- Cartridge Weight 6.1g
- Dimensions 17.2 x 18.9 x 28.3 ( H x W x D mm)
- Accessories Included Two 11 mm installation screws; Two 8 mm installation screws; Two washers
- Model AT-VM95C
- Recommended Load Capacitance 100-200 pF
- Replacement Stylus AT-VMN95C
- Stylus Size 0.6 mil
- Type VM Stereo Dual Magnet
- Wire Used for Coil T.P. Copper