VM95 series Elliptical stereo cartridge on AT-HS6 Headshell
VM95 Series - Styli compatibility
- AT-VM95E mounted on AT-HS6BK headshell
- The total set weight is 15.5g
- Assembled and tested in the Audio-Technica Factory in Fukui-Japan
Every cartridge diamond stylus becomes worn after a period of play.
Around 500 hours for a conical stylus, 300 hours for an Elliptical stylus, 1000 hours for a Microlinear stylus, and 800 hours for a Shibata stylus.
Our VM95 Series dual moving magnet cartridges can be used almost forever by replacing the interchangeable stylus. It is no longer necessary to purchase a complete cartridge when your diamond is worn out, you can simply buy the matching replacement stylus, but also enjoy the experience of upgrading your cartridge with a different stylus.
The six models of VM95 Series cartridges all use the same electromagnetic engine-body, therefore each of the six replacement styli are perfectly compatible.
Elliptical Bonded Stylus
Elliptical diamond stylus follows the groove modulation with greater precision compared to a conical stylus, offering improved frequency and phase responses whilst reducing distortion.
Preassembled With AT-HS6BK Headshell
The AT-VM95E cartridge is fitted onto the 9g aluminiumdie cast body headshell
Cartridge & Stylus
- Frequency Response 20 - 22,000 Hz
- Channel Separation 20 dB (1 kHz)
- Vertical Tracking Angle 23°
- Vertical Tracking Force 1.8 to 2.2g (2.0g standard)
- Stylus Construction Bonded Round Shank
- Recommended Load Impedance 47,000 Ω
- Coil Impedance 3.3 kΩ (1 kHz)
- DC Resistance 485 Ω
- Coil Inductance 550 mH (1 kHz)
- Output Voltage 4.0 mV (@ 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec)
- Output Channel Balance 2.0 dB (1 kHz)
- Stylus Shape Elliptical
- Cantilever Aluminium Pipe
- Static Compliance 17 x 10 – 6 cm / dyne
- Dynamic Compliance 7 x 10 – 6 cm / dyne (100 Hz)
- Mounting 1/2” centres
- Dimensions 21.2 × 21.4 × 62.4 ( H x W x D mm)
- Model AT-VM95E/H
- Recommended Load Capacitance 100-200 pF
- Replacement Stylus AT-VMN95E
- Stylus Size 0.3 x 0.7 mil
- Type VM Stereo Dual Magnet
- Weight 15.5 g
- Wire Used for Coil T.P. Copper