hmv partners with Henley Audio to launch 100th Anniversary Turntable
- Just 300 of this collector’s edition item will be available.
- Sleek black design updates the Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB model with Nipper the Dog logo as hmv celebrates its Centenary
The 100th Anniversary Turntable features hmv’s centenary logo as well as Nipper, the retailer’s mascot. Francis Barraud’s painting, titled ‘His Master’s Voice’, originated in 1898, depicts Nipper –
his brother’s dog – listening to a phonograph. The original picture, together with its copyright, were sold to the Gramophone Company (now EMI) by Francis Barraud for a total of £100. In 1910, the Gramophone Company registered copyright of the name ‘His Master’s Voice’ and in 1921 opened its first dedicated store at 363 Oxford Street. The new turntable cements the partnership between Pro-Ject, UK-based Henley Audio and hmv, which began in 2016 when the retailer launched in-store turntable displays as vinyl began to take off in the UK.
The stylish CNC-machined plinth of the turntable features no plastic parts and is carefully manufactured to ensure there are no hollow spaces inside, avoiding unwanted vibrations within the
chassis. Carrying this philosophy through the design, the glass platter is also a heavy, zero-resonance form. Finally, the purpose-chosen turntable feet help to isolate the motor from ambient vibrations around your hi-fi system.
In the box:
- Hmv 100th Anniversary Turntable with Ortofon OM 5E cartridge
- Connect it E Phono Cable
- Felt mat
- Dust cover
- Adapter for 7“ singles
- Power supply
- Allen key, stylus pressure gauge
The T1 Phono SB Turntable record player boasts premium materials, stylish aesthetics, a rich, lively sound and an accessible price. It can also be accommodated into almost any environment thanks to its multiple finish options and three output versions.
Built-in phono stage, Push-button speed change, Detachable RCA leads and Phono or Line level output.
The T1 record player boasts premium materials, stylish aesthetics, a rich, lively sound and an accessible price. It can also be accommodated into almost any environment thanks to its multiple finish options and three output versions.
The T1 is based around a stylish CNC-machined plinth featuring no plastic parts and carefully manufactured to ensure there are no hollow spaces inside, avoiding unwanted vibrations within the finished product. Mounted inside the plinth is a precision belt drive system, attached to a newly designed sub-platter, which itself is engineered to the finest tolerances for stable mounting into the stainless-steel axle/brass-bushing main bearing – the same bearing featured on the multi-award winning Essential III turntable. The sub-platter drives the new heavy, zero-resonance glass platter with absolute stability, ensuring an ideal playback surface for vinyl records.
The tonearm on the T1 is a new 8.6” model featuring a larger one-piece aluminium tube and an improved gimble bearing assembly with low-friction components for absolute accuracy in use. Mounted with an Ortofon OM 5E cartridge with elliptical diamond stylus for great sound, the tonearm is also pre-set for downforce and anti-skate settings, so there’s no need for any complicated set-up; you can get playing straight out of the box!
- Premium plug-and-play turntable
- Luxury design elements throughout for true hi-fi sound
- Anti-resonant sub-platter design
- Heavy 8mm, zero-resonance blasted glass platter
- CNC machined plinth in three stylish finishes
- No plastic parts where there shouldn't be
- Ortofon OM 5E cartridge with elliptical diamond stylus pre-installed
- True hi-fi tonearm pre-set for downforce and anti-skate
- Supplied with semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance Connect-IT E RCA phono cables
- Supplied with detachable dust cover with adjustable hinges
- Speed: 33 / 45 RPM manual speed change (except T1 Phono SB)
- Principle: Belt drive
- Speed Variance: 33: 0.70%
- 45: 0.60%
- Wow & Flutter: 33: 0.25%
- 45: 0.23%
- Platter: Heavy 8mm, blasted-glass platter with felt mat
- Main Bearing: Stainless steel/brass
- Signal to noise: 65dB
- Tonearm: 8.6" aluminium
- Effective arm length: 218.5 mm
- Overhang: 18.0 mm
- Effective Tonearm Mass: 8.0g
- Counterweight for mass: 5 - 10g (pre-mounted)
- Tracking Force Range: 0 - 50mN (pre-set to 17.5mN for OM 5E)
- Output: T1: Phono level only, captive RCA leads
- T1 Phono SB: Switchable phono/line level, RCA leads
- T1 BT: Switchable phono/line level or BT, RCA leads
- Included Accessories: Dustcover, felt mat
- Power Supply: T1: Captive UK mains lead
- T1 Phono SB: Detachable power supply
- T1 BT: Detachable power supply
- Power Consumption: 3W Max
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 415 x 100 x 335 mm
- Weight: 3.8kg (net)